Full Frame Hybrid (Bare body)
- 33MP full frame Exmor R CMOS sensor and ultra-powerful BIONZ XR processor
- Autofocus supports eye tracking on humans, animals and birds
- 4K video up to 60p and Full HD up to 120p in 4:2:2 10-bit
- S-CINETONE and S-Log3 Cine3 profiles
- Battery life of 580 photo frames and 175 minutes of video
ALPHA 7 IV
Be inspired. The α7 IV's realistic resolution and remarkable AI-driven autofocus enhance a range of features at the forefront of imaging technology.
An unprecedented visual experience
New 33 MP full-frame CMOS image sensor
full-frame CMOS image sensor with backlighting. With outstanding performance and image quality, the α7 IV's new 33.0 megapixel Exmor R™ CMOS image sensor features fast readout, high sensitivity, low noise and ultra-accurate color reproduction.
Outstanding image processing with BIONZ XR™.
With the latest image processor, the α7 IV delivers optimized image quality and color reproduction. Fast processing speeds support burst shooting as well as responsiveness during data transfers.
Improved resolution and color reproduction with a 33 MP image sensor and processing unit that pushes the limits.
In addition to a higher pixel count and resolution than the α7 III, the α7 IV and its powerful Exmor R sensor represent a radical evolution of Sony's imaging technology and a dramatic advancement. Enjoy new levels of color gradation and detail, and natural skin textures.
Harnessing the capabilities of the back-illuminated image sensor, the BIONZ XR engine delivers superior subjective resolution and exquisite detail, even in the medium and high sensitivity ranges. Noise levels are remarkably low throughout the standard ISO 100-51,200 range (up to ISO 50-204,800 for stills and ISO 100-102,400 for video).
Different moods with Creative Rendering
Ten Creative Rendering presets and eight settings let you quickly create a mood for your still images, videos and live streams. Share your vision without delay-no post-processing required.
10-bit HEIF format for smooth gradations
High Efficiency Image File (HEIF) format is available for still images, in addition to traditional RAW and JPEG. The 10-bit color depth provides realistic reproduction of skies and portraits for subtle and natural gradation.
5-axis optical image stabilization
The α7 IV's high-precision stabilization unit and gyro sensors use stabilization algorithms to provide up to 5.5 stops
of shutter speed compensation and maximize the performance of the 33.0 MP sensor.
Speed and reliability
Advanced Fast Hybrid AF
The Fast Hybrid AF system, combining phase detection and contrast detection, gains speed, accuracy and tracking performance. With Sony's 4D FOCUS, the focus area covers approximately 94% of the image for both stills and video with 759 phase-detection AF points.
10 fps burst with fast buffer clearing
Shoot over 800 images at up to 10fps with AF/AE tracking thanks to the α IV's high-capacity buffer, fast BIONZ XR processor and improved memory card write speed.
Stay on target: focus on composition
The latest image processing engine enhances the performance of Eye AF in real time, even when the subject is looking up, down or to the side. Touch Tracking allows you to simultaneously initiate real-time tracking of any subject and real-time Eye AF if an eye is detected, with a single touch of the screen.
Simple and reliable operation
Photo/video wheel/slow and fast motion modes
Use this dial to instantly switch between menus, button assignments, and settings such as aperture and shutter speed depending on the mode you choose, taking full advantage of the camera's hybrid nature.
Improved menu structure
In response to feedback from professionals, we've reworked the menu structure of the α7S III and α1 to make it easier to see at a glance.
3.68 million-dot Quad-VGA OLED viewfinder
The camera's Quad-VGA OLED viewfinder has 1.6 times the resolution of the α7 III's viewfinder, with a 37.3° field of view and 23mm eye relief.
Variable angle, side-view monitor
The 1.03-million-dot LCD 3.0 touchscreen with convenient side-aperture and 3:2 aspect ratio offers freedom of positioning and framing for photos and videos.
Intuitive touch operation
Touch operation now enables autofocus operations such as Touch Tracking during shooting. Combined with pinch-to-zoom, this makes operation more intuitive.
Customizable Right Rear Dial
The α7 IV features a fully customizable rear dial that replaces the old exposure compensation dial. It allows you to quickly access functions such as ISO control or Creative Look.
Specifications and Features
- New 33.0 megapixel full-frame, back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS image sensor
- Advanced BIONZ XR image processing, offering up to 8 times the processing performance
- Reliable AF capabilities, including real-time Eye AF for humans, animals and birds
- Movie making with 4K 60p 10-bit 4:2:2 recording capability
- Advanced video features including active mode, breath compensation and AF assist
- Sensor type: 35mm full frame (35.9mm x 23.9mm), Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Number of pixels (effective): approx. 33.0 megapixels
- ISO sensitivity (recommended exposure index)
- Still images: ISO 100 - 51,200 (ISO values from ISO 50 to 204,800 can be set as extended ISO range), AUTO (ISO 100 - 12,800, lower and upper limit selectable), Movies: ISO 100 - 51,200 equivalent (ISO values up to ISO 102,400 can be set as extended ISO range), AUTO (ISO 100 - 12,800, lower and upper limit selectable)
- Viewfinder type: 1.3 cm electronic viewfinder (type 0.5, OLED Quad-VGA)
- Monitor type: 7.5 cm (type 3.0) TFT type