Cloud Store Mini 8TB
Cloud Store Mini 8TB
- 4 internal M.2 flash memory cards (8 TB capacity) and local file backup
- RAID 0 configuration, silent cooling and sync to Dropbox.
- HDMI monitoring output with real-time storage status and 10G and 1G Ethernet ports
- Ethernet connection via USB-C to computers and no user data tracking
Blackmagic Cloud Store Mini 8TP
High Performance Network Storage with Global Sync
- High-speed 10G Ethernet connection
- 4 internal M.2 flash memory cards that work in parallel with RAID 0
- Files can be distributed worldwide
- Easy to use and even includes an HDMI output for monitoring.
Designed for Film and Television
- Suitable for all types of use
- No latency and no need to store files locally.
- Dropbox allows you to synchronize multiple drives from different locations
Portable and Quiet Design
Versatile power supply
An IEC plug is included to connect to AC power. All international AC voltages are supported, allowing you to use the Cloud Store Mini anywhere. There is also a separate DC power input for redundancy or a battery.
The 10G Ethernet port allows you to connect computers at high speeds. This stays fast even when multiple users are connected at the same time, which is perfect for connecting to the latest 10G Ethernet switches.
The 1G Ethernet connection is available for slower connections, such as to the Internet or to lower performance computers. It is part of the built-in Ethernet switch and keeps the 10G port free.
The USB-C port supports Ethernet to connect it to your computer and allow you to access your files. This is made possible by the built-in USB-C to Ethernet adapter. The USB-C port is also used for settings and updates.
HDMI monitoring output
The HDMI monitoring output allows you to see the status of your Cloud Store Mini in real time. Just plug in a TV or monitor. This allows you to view a memory map, throughput graphs, synchronization, active users and power status.
Flash Memory Allows Multiple Simultaneous Users
- 8 TB of flash memory
- Ideal for TV production
- Has enough storage space for a variety of video media.
- M.2 flash memory cards offer extreme reliability:
The 4 M.2 cards are arranged in a parallel RAID 0 group so that they can run much faster than a single card. This guarantees sufficient speed for the 10G Ethernet connection. In addition, when new M.2 cards are released, the flash memory cards can be replaced, giving you a very long service life!
High Performance for Digital Film Files
- Separate high-speed 10G Ethernet connection
- Designed to keep the 10G Ethernet port running at maximum speed,
- Very low latency, giving you great responsiveness
- very low fan noise
- multicam editing is also very smooth, even with heavy digital cinema camera files!
Sync to Dropbox
Add a cloud service
Make sure your Blackmagic Cloud Store Mini is connected to the Internet. Enter your Dropbox account details so that the Cloud Store Mini can allow syncing.
Set sync folders
Next, you need to set the sync folders. This tells the Blackmagic Cloud Store Mini where to sync its files with the Dropbox account remotely. You can also have multiple sync folders.
Set the sync direction
Now set the sync direction. One way is enough when you want to share local files, but you don't have enough space for everyone's files. In both directions everyone gets the same set of files.
Distribute Files Globally
- Ability to use multiple Blackmagic Cloud Pods to share your files around the world.
- Ability to sync to a storage space to eliminate delays
- Each user has a local copy of files on their network.
- Constantly syncs files, even when your computer is turned off
Real Time Monitoring
The storage capacity indicator is displayed at the top left. The number on the left represents the space used, and the number on the right represents the total storage capacity of the Blackmagic Cloud Store Mini.
You can rename the Blackmagic Cloud Store Mini to identify it on the monitor screen and in the utility software. Its name can be changed from the Blackmagic Cloud Store utility.
The memory topogram displays a view of the memory core. The memory is divided into segments, with writing in cyan and reading in orange. When multiple users are connected, this is exciting to see!
Cloud synchronization status
The sync status shows every folder synced and transferred to and from Dropbox. When new files appear in a synced folder, you can see the transfer status as they sync.
You can see each connected user and their data transfers. However, this list will go down if you have more synced folders in the cloud, as the synced folder status is more important.
Cloud Store Mini Status
The hardware status is located at the bottom left. It shows the status of AC and DC power supplies as well as any internal service issues.
The data transfer rate graphs are displayed at the bottom of the screen. They show the read and write speed for each Ethernet connection. This is ideal for diagnosing the Ethernet throughput on each port.
High Performance 10G Ethernet
- High-speed 10G Ethernet, ten times faster (runs the port at maximum capacity)
- Provides very low latency to access files without delay.
- Separate 1G Ethernet port as well as Ethernet on the USB-C port, (keeps the 10G Ethernet port free)
Connect via USB-C for Quick File Access
- Has a built-in USB-C to Ethernet adapter, allowing access by plugging your computer into the USB-C port.
- USB-C cables are much nicer than rigid Ethernet cables.
- You have an Ethernet connection to the storage space.
Repairable Design for Long Life
- Easily repaired by qualified computer engineers.
- Includes a single PCB that attaches to all 4 memory cards and the AC power supply.
- Operates with the Blackmagic OS that applies wear distribution, so each M.2 card will not have excessive data writes. Card faults can be viewed on the utility and HDMI monitoring output.
- When new, higher performance M.2 flash memory cards are released, the Blackmagic Cloud Store Mini can be upgraded
No Subscription Costs
- you have full control over your private storage space (no fees)
- Uses a free downloadable utility for Mac and Windows.
- You can manage a private network completely disconnected from the Internet.
Free Software for Mac and Windows
- To change the settings, you can use the Blackmagic Cloud Pod utility available for Mac and Windows.
- Set to DHCP, which allows you to connect it to your network and start transferring files (plugs in like a standard hard drive).
- To customize your network, the software utility allows you to change the network settings in the Cloud Pod. The utility also allows you to add Dropbox synchronized folders.
Perfect Multi Camera Video Workflow
Enjoy broadcast-quality video workflows by recording from a HyperDeck Studio directly into the Blackmagic Cloud Store Mini. Simply connect the HyperDeck Studio to the 1G Ethernet port, and the 10G Ethernet port to a broadband network. This way, multiple DaVinci Resolve stations can edit the media recorded by the HyperDeck. DaVinci Resolve, a free download, lets you edit and calibrate camera files. There is a wide range of HyperDeck Studio recorders. They are the ideal interface between the world of video broadcasting and the files used by editing software. Once the files are recorded, you can start editing immediately with DaVinci Resolve
- Blackmagic Cloud Store Mini 8TB
- Welcome pack with a QR code to download the software