Blackmagic Cloud Pod
Cloud Pod Blackmagic
- Can connect 2 external USB-C drives.
- Hardware acceleration for high performance and sync to Dropbox.
- Includes HDMI monitoring output with real-time storage status.
- Includes a high-speed 10G Ethernet port.
- Includes utility software for Mac and Windows and no user data tracking
Turn any USB disk into network storage!
- High-speed 10G Ethernet connection
- Extremely fast access to your files even when many users are accessing them simultaneously!
- Live sync from Dropbox, (files can be distributed worldwide)
- Easy to use
- Even includes an HDMI output for monitoring.
Designed for Film and Television
- Ability to record to USB-C flash drives
- Depending on the brand of USB-C flash drive used, it even handles huge Blackmagic RAW 12K files.
- USB-C flash drives are affordable, require no research time and you can buy them at any office supply store.
- Dropbox sync allows you to place Pods in different locations.
Portable and Quiet Design
- DC Power
A 12V DC power supply is included with Blackmagic Cloud Pod. All international AC voltages are supported so you can use it globally. Adapters for international power sockets are also included.
- 10G Ethernet
10G Ethernet allows high speed computers to be connected. It's fast, even when lots of users are connected all at the same time. It’s perfect for connecting to the latest 10G Ethernet switches.
- USB-C Connections
There are two USB-C ports so you can host two disks on each Blackmagic Cloud Pod. Connect any type of USB-C storage, such as mechanical or flash disks. USB-C is also used for settings and updates.
- HDMI Monitor Output
The HDMI monitor output lets you see the status of your cloud pod in real time. Simply plug in a TV or monitor. You can see a storage map, speed graphs, sync, active users and power status!
Live Sync to Dropbox
- Add Cloud Service
Make sure your Blackmagic Cloud Pod is connected to the internet. Enter in your Dropbox account details, so the Cloud Pod can gain access to allow sync.
- Set Sync Folders
Next you need to set the sync folders. That tells the Blackmagic Cloud Pod where to sync its files to the remote Dropbox. You can have multiple sync folders for different jobs!
- Set Sync Direction
Now set the sync direction. One direction is good when you have local files you want to share, but not enough room for everyone’s files. Both directions means everyone gets the same set of files
Distribute Files Globally
- Ability to use multiple Blackmagic Cloud Pods to share your files around the world.
- Ability to sync to a storage space to eliminate delays
- Each user has a local copy of files on their network.
- Constantly syncs files, even when your computer is turned off
Real Time Monitoring
- Usage Indicatorµ
On the top left you can see the storage capacity indicator. The number on the left is the space used and the number on the right is the total USB-C disk capacity connected to the Blackmagic Cloud Pod.
- Customizable Name
You can give a custom name to the Blackmagic Cloud Pod so you can identify it on the monitor display and the utility software. To change the name, just use the Blackmagic Cloud Store utility!
- Storage Map
The storage map display shows a view of the two USB-C disks. The memory is divided into segments with reads in cyan and writes in orange. The display will automatically adapt when disks are connected.
- Cloud Sync Status
The cloud sync status shows each sync folder and its transfers to and from Dropbox. When new files appear in any sync folder, you can see the transfer status as they sync!
- User Connections
You can see each of the connected users and the data transfers for each. However this list will move down if you have more cloud sync folders as the sync folder status is more important!
- Cloud Pod Status
You also get hardware status on the lower left side of the display. This includes the cell size for the storage map and the status of the USB-C ports and each disk that is currently connected.
- Speed Graphs
The lower part of the display has the data transfer speed graph. It shows recent read and write speeds for the 10G Ethernet connection. It’s great for diagnosing the Ethernet speed on the port!
High Performance 10G Ethernet
- Ten times faster Ethernet throughput (supports 10G Ethernet port at maximum capacity)
- Offers very low latency to access files without delay.
- Similar to expensive SANs, but in an affordable design that you can install yourself.
No Subscription Costs
- You have full control over your private storage space (no fees)
- You can manage a private network completely disconnected from the Internet.
- You can customize your network storage with complete freedom.
Free Software for Mac and Windows
- To change the settings, you can use the Blackmagic Cloud Pod utility available for Mac and Windows.
- Set to DHCP, which allows you to connect it to your network and start transferring files (plugs in like a standard hard drive).
- To customize your network, the software utility allows you to change the network settings in the Cloud Pod. The utility also allows you to add Dropbox synchronized folders.
Perfect Multi Camera Video Workflow
Get broadcast-quality video workflows with multiple DaVinci Resolve workstations that can instantly access recorded files without having to copy them:
- DaVinci Resolve, a free download, lets you edit and calibrate camera files. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras record directly to USB-C drives. The sensor has a dual ISO of up to 25,600 to create cinematic images.
- The workflow is ideal for independent film production. Since the Blackmagic Cloud Pod is fast, it is perfect for multi-camera editing.
- Blackmagic Cloud Pod
- Universal power supply with locking connector and international adapters
- Welcome wallet with QR code for software download.