UltraStudio Express - Blackmagic - Thunderbolt powered capture and playback with SD/HD SDI, HDMI, analog. Includes pro and consumer cables
UltraStudio Express connects all your professional and consumer video equipment for the highest quality 3 Gb/s SDI capture and playback using Thunderbolt technology.
UltraStudio Express has built-in SDI and HDMI connections and comes with the two breakout cables that can be easily swapped when you need to.
Breakout cables include analog component, S-Video and composite connections with both BNC and RCA connectors!
- SDI Video Input: 1 x 10 bit SD/HD switchable.
- SDI Video Output: 1 x 10 bit SD/HD switchable.
- Analog Video Input: 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNC or RCA connectors switchable to S-Video or Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
- Analog Video Output: 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNC or RCA connectors switchable to S-Video or Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
- HDMI Video Input: 1 x HDMI type A connector
- HDMI Video Output: 1 x HDMI type A connector.
- Analog Audio Input: 2 Channels of analog audio via professional balanced XLR connectors or unbalanced RCA connectors.
- Analog Audio Output: 2 Channels of analog audio via professional balanced XLR connectors or unbalanced RCA connectors.
- AES/EBU Audio Input: 2 Channels unbalanced with sample rate converter on BNC connector.
- AES/EBU Audio Output: 2 Channels unbalanced with sample rate converter on BNC or RCA connector.
- SDI Audio Input: 16 Channels embedded in HD. 8 Channels embedded in SD.
- SDI Audio Output: 16 Channels embedded in HD. 8 Channels embedded in SD.
- HDMI Audio Input: 2 channels embedded in SD and HD.
- HDMI Audio Output: 2 channels embedded in SD and HD.
- Sync Input: Blackburst in SD, 720p50, 720p59.94, 1080i50 and 1080i59.94 formats or Tri-Sync in any HD format.
- Device Control: Sony compatible RS422 deck control ports. Serial ports TxRx direction reversible under software control.
- Codecs Supports: AVC-Intra, AVCHD, Canon XF MPEG2, Digital SLR, DV-NTSC, DV-PAL, DVCPRO50, DVCPROHD, DPX, HDV, XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, XDCAM HD422, Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes (LT), Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy), Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2.
- Software Included: Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Mac OS X and Windows drivers, Blackmagic System Preferences and Blackmagic driver.
- Internal Software Upgrade
- Software driver loads upgrades at system start or via updater software.
- SD Format Support: 625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC.
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080p24, 1080PsF25, 1080p25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080p29.97, 1080PsF30 and 1080p30.
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M and SMPTE 296M.
- SDI Metadata Support: VITC read for 3:2 pulldown removal. VANC capture and playback using up to 3 lines of video in file. HD RP188. Closed captioning.
- Audio Sampling: Television rate of 48kHz and 24 bit.
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2
- Color Precision: 10-bit
- Color Space: REC 601, REC 709
- HDMI Resolution: Pixel for pixel HD resolution input to connected device.
- HDMI Color Precision: 10 bit
- Multiple Rate support: SDI and HDMI video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition. SDI switches between 270 Mb/s standard definition SDI, 1.5 Gb/s HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s HD.
- Copy Protection: HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content.
- Colorspace Conversion: Hardware based real time.
- HD Down Conversion: Real time 10-bit hardware down conversion on SDI output, Composite and S-Video when working in HD video formats on playback. Switch analog video to Component and choose HD or SD output. Selectable between letterbox, anamorphic 16:9 and center cut 4:3 styles.
- HD Up Conversion: Real time 10 bit standard definition to 1080HD and 720HD during video capture.
- HD Cross Conversion: Real time 10 bit 720HD to 1080HD during video capture.
- Real Time Effects: Apple Final Cut Pro internal effects. Adobe® Premiere Pro® Mercury Playback Engine effects. Avid Media Composer 6™ internal effects. DaVinci Resolve.
- Physical Installation: Requires computer with a Thunderbolt port. Please check support pages to see the full system requirement.
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or later, and Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later.
- Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Operating Temperature: 5° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage Temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- UltraStudio Express
- Software CD
- Professional breakout cable for analog and RS-422.
- Consumer breakout cable for analog component and RCA audio.
- 3 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Excluding connectors, cables, cooling fans, fiber optic modules, fuses, keyboards and batteries which will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.