DeckLink 4K Extreme - Blackmagic - DeckLink 4K Extreme Capture & Playback Card
DeckLink 4K Extreme features a new high performance design for working in film quality 4K! Get 4 times the resolution of 1080HD! DeckLink 4K Extreme includes single and dual channel SDI capture and playback for both regular 2D and new 3D stereoscopic workflows!
Includes dual link 3 Gb/s SDI, HDMI 3D and analog component/composite/s-video connections. Work in SD, HD, 2K and 4K. Also includes AES and analog balanced audio, 16 channel SDI audio, genlock and deck control.
SDI, HDMI and analog component works in all video formats up to 1080p60. Includes broadcast quality up, down and cross conversion, plus built in SD/HD internal keyer
- SDI Video Input: 2 x 10-bit SD/HD/2K and 2D/3D switchable. Supports 3 Gb/s single link 4:2:2/4:4:4 and dual link 4:2:2/4:4:4.
- SDI Video Output: 2 x 10-bit SD/HD/2K/4K and 2D/3D switchable. Supports 3 Gb/s single link 4:2:2/4:4:4 and dual link 4:2:2/4:4:4.
- Analog Video Input: 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs switchable to S-Video or Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
- Analog Video Output: 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs switchable to S-Video and Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
- HDMI Video Input: 1 x HDMI type A connector including 3D frame packing support.
- HDMI Video Output: 1 x HDMI type A connector including 3D frame packing and 4K monitoring support.
- Analog Audio Input: 2 Channels of professional balanced analog audio via XLR connectors.
- Analog Audio Output: 2 Channels of professional balanced analog audio via XLR connectors.
- AES/EBU Audio Input: 2 Channels unbalanced with sample rate converter.
- AES/EBU Audio Output: 2 Channels unbalanced.
- SDI Audio Input: 8 Channels embedded in SD, HD and 2K.
- SDI Audio Output: 16 Channels embedded in SD, HD and 2K.
- HDMI Audio Input: 8 Channels embedded in SD and HD.
- HDMI Audio Output: 8 Channels embedded in SD and HD.
- Sync Input: Blackburst in SD, 720p50, 720p59.94, 1080i50 and 1080i59.94 formats or Tri-Sync in any HD or 2K format.
- Device Control: Sony™ compatible RS422 deck control ports.
- Serial ports TxRx direction reversible under software control.
- Computer Interface: PCI Express 4 lane generation 2, compatible with 4,8 and 18 lane PCIe Slots.
- SD Format Support: 625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC and 525/23.98 NTSC.
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080p24, 1080PsF25, 1080p25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080p29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p30, 1080i50, 1080p50, 1080i59.94, 1080p59.94, 1080i60, and 1080p60.
- 2K Format Support: 2048 x 1556PsF23.98, 2048 x 1556PsF24, 2048 x 1556PsF25, 2048 x 1556p23.98, 2048 x 1556p24 and 2048 x 1556p25.
- 4K Format Support: 3840x2160p/23.98, 3840x2160p/24, 3840x2160p/25, 3840x2160p/29.97, 3840x2160p/30.
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 372M, ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601.
- SDI Metadata Support: VITC read for 3:2 pulldown removal. VANC capture and playback using up to 3 lines of video in file. HD RP188. Closed captioning.
- Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz at 24 bit.
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 (4K is 4:2:2)
- Color Precision: 10-bit
- Color Space: REC 601, REC 709.
- HDMI Configuration: HDMI automatically configures to connected display.
- HDMI Resolution: Pixel for pixel up to 4K resolutions.
- HDMI Color Precision: 10-bit
- Multiple Rate support: HDMI and SDI video connections are switchable between SD/HD/2K and 4K. Component analog video connections are switchable between SD and HD.
- Copy Protection: HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content.
- Colorspace Conversion: Hardware based real time.
- 3D Processing: Dual stream and frame packed capture & playback.
- HD Down Conversion: Built in, high quality hardware down converter outputs HD-SDI on SDI A output, SD-SDI on SDI B output and Composite and S-Video when working in HD video formats on playback. Switch analog video to Component and choose HD or SD output. Selectable between letterbox, anamorphic 16:9 and center cut 4:3 styles.
- HD Up Conversion: Built-in, high quality hardware up conversion from SD to 720HD or 1080HD on playback. Selectable between 4:3 pillarbox, 14:9 pillarbox and 16:9 zoom. HD outputs via HD-SDI, HDMI and component analog.
- Cross Conversion: Built-in, high quality hardware cross conversion from 720HD to 1080HD and 1080HD to 720HD on playback.
- Real Time Effects: Apple Final Cut Pro™ internal effects. Adobe® Premiere Pro® Mercury Playback Engine effects. Avid Media Composer 6™ internal effects.
- Software Included: Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic System Preferences and Blackmagic driver on Mac OS X. Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic Control Panel and Blackmagic driver on Windows 7. Media Express, Blackmagic Control Panel and Blackmagic driver on Linux.
- Internal Software Upgrade: Firmware built into software driver. Loaded at system start or via updater software.
- Physical Installation: PCI Express 4 lane generation 2, compatible with 4, 8, 16 lane PCI Express slots on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. Mac OS X systems require a Mac Pro computer. Please check the Support pages to see the full system requirements.
- Product Warranty: 3 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.
Test card was taken from a typical production run. The HD/SD-SDI output from DeckLink SDI was connected to a Tektronix WFM-700 HD-SDI waveform monitor and test signal video files were used. Test results can vary slightly from these results between different models tested due to component tolerances used in production.