URSA Mini Pro 12K
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K features
- Sensor 12K Super 35 12 288 x 6480.
- Ideal for feature films, VFX and high-end commercials.
- 14 f-stops dynamic range and native ISO of 800.
- New Blackmagic RAW for real-time 12K editing.
- Blackmagic RAW optimized for Metal, CUDA and OpenCL.
- 5th generation colorimetry with the new Film curve.
- Capable of filming up to 60 fps in 12K, 110 fps in 8K and 220 fps in 4K.
- Two slots for recording on CFast cards up to 900MB/s.
- PL mount included. EF and F mounts available.
- SuperSpeed USB-C for recording to external drives.
- Includes DaVinci Resolve Studio for post-production.
- Compatible with the new Blackmagic URSA Mini Recorder.
- Blackmagic Design announces the release of the Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K, a new digital camera with an advanced Super 35 12K 12,288 x 6,480 sensor, 14 f-stops dynamic range and capable of shooting at high frame rates up to 60 fps in 12K at 80 megapixels per frame.
The Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro is a true revolution in digital camera technology with its Super 35 12K 12,288 x 6,480 sensor and 14 dynamic range f-stops, all in the award-winning URSA Mini housing. The camera combines 80 megapixels per frame, new colorimetry and Blackmagic RAW support to enable 12K operation. Oversampling from 12K offers the best of 8K and 4K, with subtle skin tones and incredible detail worthy of high-end cameras.
Users can shoot at 60 fps in 12K, 110 fps in 8K and up to 220 fps in 4K Super 16. The URSA Mini Pro 12K includes an interchangeable PL mount, built-in ND filters, two UHS-II CFast and SD card slots, a SuperSpeed USB-C expansion port and more.
The Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K will be available in July 2020.
- The ultimate resolution of the URSA Mini Pro 12K goes far beyond traditional digital quality. Users enjoy the benefits of film, but with incredible detail, a wide dynamic range, and rich, deep colors. The camera is ideal for feature films, TV shows, as well as large and immersive IMAX formats. Its incredible resolution around objects makes it possible to work with green backgrounds and VFX, including compositing of live action and CG images. Thanks to the 12K oversampling, users get the best resolution in 8K, but also get a smooth look because aliasing is invisible.
- The Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K features a revolutionary new sensor with a native resolution of 12,288 x 6,480, which is 80 megapixels per image. The Super 35 sensor has 14 dynamic range f-stops and a native ISO of 800. The new 12K sensor includes the same amount of red, green and blue pixels and is optimized for multi-resolution images. Users can shoot in 12K at 60 fps or resize sensor images to shoot in 8K or 4K RAW at up to 110 fps without having to crop or change the field of view. The URSA Mini Pro's interchangeable mount allows users to choose from a wide range of both modern and vintage cinema lenses to capture the finest details from users' favourite lenses.
- The URSA Mini Pro 12K sensor and Blackmagic RAW are designed to work together to deliver a smooth 12-bit 12K RAW workflow. The Blackmagic RAW is an extremely efficient next-generation codec that allows 12K filming and editing to be done on a laptop, something never before possible. The very high resolution of the sensor allows cropping of post shots for 8K and 4K exports. It offers the advantages of multi-camera shooting but with only one camera. It is also ideal for vertical or square format videos. The advanced design of the sensor and Blackmagic RAW allows you to work instantly in any resolution in post-production, without having to render, while maintaining the colour accuracy of the sensor.
Filming in RAW 12K allows you to preserve and control every detail, exposure and colour in post. With oversampling, users get extremely accurate 8K images without hard edges. In addition, Blackmagic RAW is designed to accelerate 12K in post-production, allowing users to work with HD or Ultra HD files. It is highly optimized, multi-threaded, designed to work with multiple CPU cores and supports GPU acceleration for working with Apple Metal, CUDA and OpenCL. So users will always be able to work with their RAW camera files without having to do proxying. Blackmagic RAW 12K images offer unprecedented resolution and quality for color, keying, compositing, cropping, stabilizing and tracking in 4K and 8K.
5th generation Blackmagic colorimetry includes a new Film Curve designed to maximize the huge amount of color data from the new URSA Mini Pro 12K sensor. As a result, it offers better colour response for more pleasing skin tones, as well as better rendering of highly saturated colours, such as neon lights and car taillights in high-contrast scenes. 5th generation colorimetry handles the complex image processing of Blackmagic RAW to preserve the sensor's colour and dynamic range data via metadata, which is ideal for post-production. As it is compatible with all previous Blackmagic RAW film files, 5th generation colorimetry allows you to take advantage of the new Film Curve, even with existing files!
The URSA Mini Pro 12K combines several cameras in one, as it is capable of filming at 4K, 8K and even 12K resolutions and frame rates. With 80 megapixels per frame at 60 fps in RAW, users can capture still and moving images simultaneously with a single camera. They can shoot up to 60 fps in 12K 12,288 x 6,480 17:9. For higher frame rates, users can shoot at 110 fps at 8,192 x 4,320, 140 fps at 8,192 x 3,408 and even crop the sensor to Super 16 to capture 4K at 220 fps at 4,096 x 2,160 DCI! The URSA Mini Pro 12K offers flexible frame rate and resolution options and captures images with improved motion rendering. For example, edges are smoother in 8K and 4K, even at lower frame rates.
The URSA Mini Pro allows recording with a wide bandwidth because it offers 3 recording options in 12K, which contains almost 10 times the resolution of Ultra HD. Users have built-in slots for UHS-II CFast and SD cards, as well as a SuperSpeed USB-C expansion port for recording to SATA and NVMe high-speed drives. When 2-card RAW recording is enabled, the URSA Mini Pro 12K can simultaneously record at up to 900MB/s to two CFast cards, or at 500MB/s to two UHS-II SD cards. As a third option, the SuperSpeed USB-C expansion port on the rear allows recording to USB-C flash storage media at up to 900MB/s. This gives users multiple choices for capturing stunning images in 12K up to 60p or 8K up to 110p!
Lenses vary from project to project, which is why the URSA Mini Pro features a new interchangeable lens mount. Users can quickly switch between a PL, EF and F mount on the URSA Mini Pro 12K, but also B4 on the URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2. This makes it possible to work with large PL cinema lenses, EF or F-mount photo lenses, and even B4 broadcast lenses. Indeed, the URSA Mini Pro is compatible with the widest range of professional lenses possible.
- The Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro has a high-speed USB-C expansion port. The 4.6K G2 model has a USB-C 3.1 Gen 1 connection that operates at 5 Gb/s, while the new 12K model has a USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 connection with an incredible 10 Gb/s speed. This allows users to connect and power external flash drives and SSDs. On the URSA Mini Pro 12K, they can also connect the new URSA Mini Recorder to record to fast NVMe SSDs. NVMe SSDs are perfect for shooting in 12K in the best consistent Q0 Blackmagic RAW 12-bit quality or at high frame rates. At the end of shooting, simply remove the external drive and connect it to a computer to start editing directly, without having to copy files.
- DaVinci Resolve Studio software is included with URSA Mini Pro cameras. Users can benefit from the world's most advanced professional editing, grading, post audio and visual effects solution, all in one software package. DaVinci Resolve is used for post-production of many Hollywood movies and has state-of-the-art post-production tools for editing native video from camera. DaVinci Resolve Studio offers a native editing, grading, visual effects, audio and export workflow for feature films, TV shows, music videos, commercials and even YouTube videos.
- The new Blackmagic URSA Mini Recorder can record 12-bit Blackmagic RAW files on fast 2.5-inch SSDs, including the latest NVMe Enterprise U.2 SSD. SSDs, such as the latest U.2 NVMe 7mm SSDs, are very fast and capable of transferring data at 900 MB/s. This incredible speed enables longer recording times at full 4K, 8K and 12K Blackmagic RAW 12-bit resolution in the highest Q0 encoding quality. To install it, simply attach the Blackmagic URSA Mini Recorder between the rear of the URSA Mini Pro and the battery. As it is controlled via USB-C, users will no longer have to worry about manually starting or stopping the recorder.